Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hokitika

Hi guys!
I don't remember when I last blogged so I'll do my best to get caught up. I think the last time I blogged, Ella and I had just gotten off the Routeburn Track.
The day after we left Queenstown we hitched to Franz Josef. We did a 9 hour glacier hike in Franz Josef and it was awesome! We made some delicious food at the hostel and then I finally satisfied my Lord of the Rings craving and watched the first movie. It was just as amazing as I remember :)
Yesterday we hitched from Franz Josef to Hokitika, the Jade center of New Zealand. It was pouring rain in Franz Josef but we were finally picked up by a great North Island couple, Grant and Jen. Thanks again you guys! Today Ella and I bought some jade for each other, it's bad luck to buy it for yourself so we got it for each other and are going to swap it for christmas. Tomorrow we hitch to Nelson and will be there for Christmas.
Ok that's all right now. I'm too tired to make this an interesting blog today.
We love and miss you guys a lot!
xoxo Lilly and Ella

4 comments:

  1. Hey Girls: Sounds like you still are having a blast. You'll be missed at Christmas but they'll be a second one when you get back... and we get to hear all the stories first hand....with pictures I hope.
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lil,
    Nice earrings...They are easy to see thanks to your new hair cut. I am glad to hear that you guys will be in a hostel, rather than camped out in the rain, over Christmas.
    Michael is waiting to see if the rain lets up in L.A. before he drives to San Fran. Apparently driving under rainy conditions makes L.A. drivers worse than they usually are.
    Take care, stay dry.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. beads of jade for beauty...haha pretend i'm singing that mulan style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps the word i had to type to post that last comment (the little box that says type this so we know you're not a computer) was "beaverio" which is really funny

    ReplyDelete